going green to save the green
I thought that saving the environment was up to everybody else. Besides, what difference could 1 family of four really make? Sound familiar? Well that was me up until a few months ago. I started going green out of financial necessity more than its good for the environment. I started slow. I switched some of my old fashioned light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs. I was fascinated as they would go from dim to bright within a few seconds of being switched on. Quite frankly, that in itself was satisfying to me. Then I received the dreaded monthly electric bill! I was pleasantly surprised to see that my bill was reduced by $7.00 a month. I had not made any other changes except for the light bulbs. Encouraged by my savings, I decided to switch all of my light bulbs. To this day, I am saving $22.00 a month. I encourage as many people as possible to try fluorescent bulbs. Do like I did. Buy just one package to start and see if it makes a difference each month in your electric bill. I'm also going to try a few other things just to see how much of a difference it makes on my electric bill. And if it helps the environment as well, count me in!!
Check back soon for updates on my quests!!
panamer89
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home